Thursday, June 17, 2010

First things first

Since some people reading this may not know the history behind Lilly Pie Creations, I would like to share it with you…

I know that my beautiful daughter has changed my life, in more ways than I can ever imagine.  Aside from turning me into a mother and making my heart grow in leaps and bounds, she has also turned me into a “crafty” person.  I considered myself mildly crafty before she was born but there is something about the cute little girl clothing that turned me into a craft nut!  When Lilly was 3 months old I quickly grew tired of hearing, “oh HE’S so cute” so I started making lace headbands with scrapbook flowers on them.  I never sold these but am willing to tell anyone how to make them, as they are super cute and really easy to make!  Take a look at this blog entry for more details.

107_5080 107_5073

After that I took a short break to teach myself GIMP. An awesome FREE photo editing software.  Mainly so I could make my own personalized initiations and thank you notes for Lilly’s birthday party.

Then January 2010 came around and The Saints made it into the super bowl!  I did a lot of shopping around to find Lilly the perfect outfit to wear for the big game, and came to the conclusion that I either could not find cute Saints clothing in Lilly’s size or they were very over priced.  So after some research I decided to make my little fan a “Who Dat” tutu, with no intentions of making it inot a business adventure.  I had a few friends show interest so I decided to sell them to friends and family.   And so Lilly Pie Creations began.

SDC11236

I have also added some appliqué and pillow case dresses to my repertoire recently. 

SDC11664 

I am always thinking of new ideas to add to Lilly Pie Creations and I am almost always up for a challenge, it may be limited to nap time and after bed time for now, but please don’t hesitate to contact me with any custom requests.   Please keep in mind that this is a small business made by me for Lilly, everything I make started with something for her to wear and has grown and evolved to what you see today. 

Thank you for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reviving the blog!

I have been thinking on this for a couple of months and I think I am going to try to revive this blog!  I really enjoy posting tutorials for...